Device and Web Browser Support: Courses are compatible with desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. For the best course experience, we recommend using the latest browser version available for Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
This section explores coordination of benefits rules for military and non-employer insurance, as well as other types of insurance a beneficiary may have. We will address TRICARE, TRICARE for Life, and Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits, and see how each coordinates—or does not coordinate—with Medicare. This section also includes discussions of liability insurance, no-fault insurance, and workers’ compensation, including information about how all of these pay primary or secondary to Medicare. We will also discuss what happens when Medicare makes a conditional payment and the steps involved in the conditional payment recovery process. Finally, we will take a look at long-term care insurance, dental insurance, and Health Insurance Marketplace plans and what must happen when an individual with Marketplace coverage becomes Medicare-eligible.
After taking this section, you will be able to:
- Understand how military benefits coordinate with Medicare, including TRICARE, TRICARE for Life, and Veterans Affairs (VA) Benefits
- Explain how liability insurance, no-fault insurance, and workers’ compensation work with Medicare
- Discuss the basics of long-term care and dental insurance
- Recognize how Health Insurance Marketplaces may affect Medicare beneficiaries
- Interactive activities and knowledge quizzes
- Review tests at the end of every section – 80% or higher mark to pass the section and download a certificate of completion
- Educational content vetted by a team of national experts at Medicare Rights Center
- Closed captioning
- An array of printable supplementary tools and fliers